Mental Health Awareness for Medical, Nursing, and Dental School Students
It's no secret that medical school is stressful. Between demanding course work and long hours, many students don't have the time or resources to care for their overall well-being. Long periods of stress can predispose students for mental disorders such as depression and anxiety later in life.
27% of medical students are depressed 11% of medical students have suidical thoughts
This cycle frequently continues after medical school. Sadly, every day a physician commits suicide. It is our goal to combat this trend by drawing awareness to the reality of mental illness, improving student wellness, and removing the stigma around mental health treatment. Join with us as we meet these goals by offering a scholarship for mental health awareness.
Award Amount: $2,500 Deadline: Nov. 30, 2017
How to Apply
Complete the following steps
Submit a video
- Post a video creatively responding to the following prompt:
- How would you improve mental health awareness? ie: a system you would change, a service/program that would be helpful
- Videos should be 30 - 45 sencond in length
- Upload the video to YouTube and submit the link with your application
- Each video should include a brief description with a link to https://acls.com/scholarship and the hashtag #mentalhealthscholarship
- Each video must be original
Fill Out Application
- Complete the application including the student survey
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Open to students currently enrolled or accepted to medical school, dental school, or nursing school
- Student must be a legal resident of and currently living in the United States
- Winner is not based on financial need
- Relatives of employees and employees of ACLS Certification Institute and its affiliates are ineligible
- Applicant must complete all steps of the application process to be considered
- Read complete contest information before applying. Please read all requirements carefully.